loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Monday, January 2, 2012

Yes, Virginia, the Post Office is in a bit of trouble!

 Label/Receipt Number: 9101 1501 3471 1091 7220 14
Expected Delivery Date: December 21, 2011
Class: Priority Mail®
Service(s): Delivery Confirmation™
Status: Processed through USPS Sort Facility
Your item was processed through our DENVER, CO 80217 facility on December 31, 2011 at 5:08 am. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.
 
 
    
     
     Enter Label/Receipt Number. 
  
Enter Label / Receipt Number. 
     
    And I did enter all the info.  See I never send anything through the USPS without a tracking number because it just has a a way of going lost.  So let's follow this package.  I sent one of my purses to a lady in Denver (paid for by a mutual friend.) on December  20.   It went immediately to Colorado Springs.  And 2 days later it arrived in Bell Gardens, California .  Apparently they realized right away that it did not belong there.  It was then sent to Denver where it has been kicking around now for  3 days while they search for the address before declaring it Undeliverable as Addressed.  Then they hung on to it for 4 more days.  before they ran it through another sort facility.  Today is January 2, 2012, 14 days, or 2 weeks after I sent this on it's way.  I have no idea where it is now.  No doubt it is probably still in the sort facility in Denver.  Does this tick me off?  Yes it does.  Why?  Let me tell you why...
I sent this Priority Mail, which costs extra with confirmation, which costs extra.  I have the correct address on it with the postal code the Post Office gave me.  Now I could punch this in my GPS and drive right to her front door.  The Post Office will be receiving another increase in postal fees here pretty quick.  They need more money.  They occasionally slip one in on us online buyers anyway, but that is neither here nor there.  What frosts me is that this is the most unreliable shipping service in the business today.  Do you know I can ship Priority (with2-3 day delivery) cheaper than I can ship Parcel Post (2-9 day delivery).  Does that make sense to you?
I live in the county and have a mailbox at the end of my drive.  It is not uncommon for the mail person to just lay a large package beside the mailbox (assuming that everyone who passes it is honest and will not steal it.) rather then bring it to my door and put it on my porch.  One day the door bell rang and a neighbor stood there with a small, dripping wet package.  It was addressed to me and was floating in his irrigaiton lateral.  MP3 player and it is just a damn good thing the Chinese double wrap everything in cellophane.  Since this was not the first time I found mail in the ditch I called and complained.  So now parcels appear on my porch which I greatly appreciate.
Now today is a holiday for the Post Office, poor overworked souls that they are, so I will have no updates on my package.  But, ah tomorrow is coming.  I am assuming that they can get it back to me, but who knows.  Then I can buy postage once more and see where it goes, or wait!  I can give it to the guy who bought it and let him drive it up their to this illusive address.
So that is my story and I am sticking to it.  Oh, yeah, Happy New Year and here's hoping some people are making a lot of resolutions to break.  I will not be breaking mine cause I gave up making them years ago.  Keep in touch!






  Detailed Results:
 
 Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 31, 2011, 5:08 am, DENVER, CO 80217  Undeliverable as Addressed, December 27, 2011, 6:53 pm, DENVER, CO 80224  Out for Delivery, December 27, 2011, 9:28 am, DENVER, CO 80222
 Sorting Complete, December 27, 2011, 9:18 am, DENVER, CO 80222
 Arrival at Post Office, December 26, 2011, 7:56 am, DENVER, CO 80222
 Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 24, 2011, 10:40 pm, DENVER, CO 80217
 Depart USPS Sort Facility, December 23, 2011, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201  Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 22, 2011, 3:05 pm, BELL GARDENS, CA 90201
 Depart USPS Sort Facility, December 21, 2011, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80910
 Processed through USPS Sort Facility, December 20, 2011, 9:22 pm, COLORADO SPRINGS, CO 80910
 Dispatched to Sort Facility, December 20, 2011, 7:06 pm, PUEBLO, CO 81005  Acceptance, December 20, 2011, 2:03 pm, PUEBLO, CO 81006
 Electronic Shipping Info Received, December 20, 2011
 

1 comment:

amy said...

Dang i would be pissed of to, the nerve of them, Mine sometimes once or twice my stuff got stolen and now i need to pay for post offices.They are so unreal. I know you need the postal service especially with all the sales you do and the clientel you have,

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...