loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Friday, March 19, 2010

Weaving of the willow basket!

Here is the basket with all the staves poking up. I did get the bottom started, which for me, is a miracle in and of itself. See, the biggest problem here is when I am flipping the basket those long things seem to slap other people across the face. When no one else
is around, the dogs get poked. The dogs run away and I am left with only myself to lose an eye. Therefore, I have decided that this will be my second and final basket, owing to the fact that I prefer to keep my orbs intact!




Here you can see just how long those pokey things are! These suckers are deadly! Do you blame me for wanting to protect myself? I guess I could wear safety glasses. That would work. Any body got a pair I can borrow?








Here is the basket all finished. I got the little things all tucked in and I must confess, I forgot how to end this so I just cut them off and poked them in where I thought they looked good.









Being at a loss for where to put this basket, I looked around and this is the first empty place I could find.  I am pretty sure this is not going to be my Easter Bonnet and I think I look like one of those Russian Cassacks (I know this is not how to spell this and I have no idea how to start looking it up so you tell me how to spell it!).  Seems all I need is a pair of combat boots and a big sword and I am good to go!

(Hey, man! I took this picture myself and I think I did a pretty good job of centering myself!)

Ok, I think we are in full agreement here that my career as a basket weaver has reached its peak. I shall now move on to bigger and better things. For now, I read that if I set on the exercise ball while I am at the computer I will be able to work and build my core. So that is what I am doing. Do not be at all surprised to read that I have been thrown and killed by this thing! In the meantime, have a good one!
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

StephenASmalley said...

Lou and her "crown of thorns". : )

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...