loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Beulah, Colorado still awaits in the beautiful Rocky Mountains!

Oh, there is my friend Jan!  I have not been up to see her in the lovely city of Beulah for 2 months!  I miss her! The last time I was up there she told Michael Martin Murphy or some one like that has bought a place up there and spent the whole day just hanging out there. I was so jealous!

See, here is what happens in life and it happens all too often, life gets in the way!  I think I am going to do this or that and the next thing I know, I am off doing something that was not in the plan at all.  Like today.  I woke up this morning on the right side of the sod, which is the up side, and thought "Oh, what a beautiful day!"  Now that is as far as the thinking process got me.  I need to go do chores.  Then I will stop by the garden and pull some weeds. Need to put a new something on the duck house door to hold it shut.  Then the sink is full of dishes, bed needs made, emails need answered and on and on. Life has gotten in the way.

See that lovely lady up there?  That is Jan Miller who owns the Stompin' Grounds Coffee House in Beulah.  She is my friend, but I can not seem to find the time to drive the 20 miles up there and see her. I know if I would just jump in the car and drive up there she would be so happy to see me and I would have a wonderful adventure in the picturesque town of Beulah, but I continue to let life get in the way.

Well, never mind!  Today is Thursday and she is closed on Thursday.  Open everyday but Thursday 7:30-2:00. Then she is open Saturday night from 5-8 for Pizza, Calzones, salad and desserts.  So Saturday I am not going to let life get in my way.  I am going to load up the boy and girl and go to Beulah for lunch with my dear friend, Jan!  Maybe I will see you there!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

life is to short and not enough time so get going what are you waiting for, christmas it's a couple of months from now so get going stop what your doing get in car and go

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...