loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Sunday, November 28, 2010

Cuban Caravan part 2!!


Here is that shot I told you to watch for.  This Google thing is like a whole new world to me.  Just put your mouse on the picture and click!  But in case that does not work, I have done it for you.  The teal shirt says:
Cuba has:

One teacher per 10 primary children.
Vaccinations against preventable diseases.
A lower infant mortality rate then the United States.
No homeless children.
100% literacy.

The red shirt says;
Now is the time to:

Free the Cuban 5.
End the economic blockade.
End travel ban for all.
Take Cuba off "terrorist list."
Hand Guantanamo back to Cuba.
Normalize Diplomatic Relations.

There is the link you are going to need to learn more.  See in my simple mind I can not understand why we are carrying on diplomatic relations with every one in this world, from China, Russia, and Iran clear down to Osama Bin Laden, but we will not deal with Cuba, a struggling nation 90 miles off of our coast.  And this has gone on for at least 40 years.  I just can not see this.  If someone out there, reading this can give me a reason, I am a reasonable person.  I am fair minded, but we have 5 Cubans in prison for doing less than criminals walking the streets here in Pueblo.  Just clue me in cause I am clueless in Pueblo!


Posted by Picasa

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...