loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Some things we just do.

There are things we do because some one asks us to do them.  Some are every day chores.  Some are for survival.  Every thing we do and say impacts our life as well as some one else's.  I am not negating that some times other people do things that affect us.  That is life.  A big circle we run every day.  Some times we win, some times we lose, but at the end of the day, we reflect.  You know, look back on the day and think, I could have done this, or that, or nothing.  My actions really are a moot point.
I have had this ring for almost 2 years and it is the same every time I put it on or take it off; just an action.  It is no longer connected to any one or any thing.  It is just a piece of gold, but I know some one who will appreciate it fully.  This does not mean that I am in any sense of the word, letting completely go of the past, only that I am putting it behind me where it should be.  I will be moving forward as I have done all my life.  You know, the serenity prayer,
"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,
the courage to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."
That simple prayer covers a lot of our lives, and it is one of my mantras.
And that being said, and not wanting to belabor the point further, I placed this in a box and sent it on it's journey home.  To the person receiving the box, probably today or tomorrow, I want to say "Thank You for sharing these past few year with me and hope to see you in the spring!
Your could have been sister-in-law."

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...