loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Friday, September 11, 2020

Cory Gardner? I think not.

 Looking back over my voting history it has come to my attention that I may very well be a Republican!  While I am a registered Democrat, I say this because I have voted for a lot of Republicans.  Ronald Reagan, the two Bushes.  I was too young to vote for Eisehhower.  On the state level, I voted for Cory Gardner.  Actually met him several years back and conversed with him briefly about the railroad from La Junta to here and up the front range.  This man turned out to be one of my biggest disappointments to date.  Why?  Let me tell you.

I have had several occasions to want to voice my opinion on something that is coming up for a vote.  "Call Gardner's office and make your wishes known."  That is simple enough.  He has a recording you can leave your message on, but that gives me little room for talking points.  Have you tried to contact him?  That is what is known as an exercise in futility.  I can leave my phone number all day long and there is not one shred of hope that there will ever be a human voice contact me.

Several years ago we began carrying a cardboard cut out of Cary and we called it "Cardboard Cary" because we did not see him.  It was a full size image of him and it looked just like him standing and waving.  He appears in several pictures in my scrapbook with his "Clint Eastwood smile and Robert Redford eyes."  He was always a "no show" at any rally we had because he was never around.  He likes to take vacations and I am thinking he should be given more time to do just that.

So election time is coming up and we will be voting by mail as we have done for many years.  I am not involved like I used to be, but I do vote.  I am happy with the mail in ballots and secure when I drop mine down the slot into the steel box behind the building at 8th and Main.  Bo Ortiz will gather up my ballot and count it.  I trust the mail in ballots more than the one where we used to vote at a ballot box.  While I do miss the actual voting place and the people who ran it, that is just a personal preference.  Mail in is more secure and I have time to actually study my ballot.  

So, I have not paid much attention to the candidates, but I have made up my mind that I am voting for who ever is running against Gardner.  Well actually, I would vote for Godzilla.  This year it is a straight shot down the Democratic side.  Trump and his Mitch McConnell puppets have soured me on the Republican Party.  I am very sad at the state our our country is in today and the ballot box is the only way to change that!

So rest assured, I am voting a straight Democratic ticket this year. I do not feel good about this, but I have seen what having the Republicans in complete control has done to my United States of America.  And contrary to popular opinion, it is still my country.  "My country tis of thee, sweet land of liberty."

Never forget that! 

1 comment:

kokuaguy said...

Sorry to hear about your history of voting for so many Rethuglicans over the years but happy to hear that you're going straight Blue in 2020. It's something that you should feel VERY good about, imho. I was in Hawaii in 2014 and from that distance was less susceptible to Cory's baby faced charms. I remained interested in politics in my "home state" and figured it was impossible to go wrong with a Democrat named Udall, so I recall being quite disappointed when science denying, gun worshipping Gardner came out the winner. The Cardboard Corey campaign was brilliant. Glad to hear that his arrogance and ineptitude and greed became obvious to you and I'm hoping the voters give Hickenlooper the nod on November 3rd. I ended up going with Romanoff in the primary because I wasn't quite ready to forgive Hick for a couple of bone headed remarks he made in an interview with Mr. WAGNER on the Colorado Matters program on CPR. Plus I figured that either of them was likely to beat Cory. I am still grateful to you for introducing me to Daneya Esgar and her team in 2018. Even more than the in church worship, I miss those political get togethers and rallies and sign waving days. I'm looking forward to seeing you in church on October 4th. Will you consent to doing the New Testament reading for that service? And also lighting the candles? I hope we can get our little lunch bunch together after church and go somewhere nice to eat and get caught up.

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...