loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Tuesday, December 22, 2020

Giving myself an attitude adjustment here!

 It has been exactly one month since my life has been turned upside down and it is now time to take charge and do something about it.  The idyllic life of the last few years is gone.  I am alone.  I have been alone before and at my age I probably better get used to it.  I will start by deleting a phone number in my phone.  It will never ring again, so why keep it? 

I have ashes on my dresser waiting for Spring when they will be taken to the final resting place.  I take comfort in knowing that will happen.  We should all have a final resting place when our time comes and the time is here.  I can never forget this past month of my life, but I can remember the years before it all changed.

He was a wonderful man.  He was kind and caring and made me laugh.  He made me feel special, and that will never change.  The small dark place he harbored deep inside was one I could not reach and that will always make me a little sad.  Actually it makes me a lot sad, but it is what it is.  

We were in each others lives for a while and for a reason.  We had many talks about God and the hereafter and I think in my own simple way I brought him a peace he needed.  At least I hope so.  So, for now, I will put one foot in front of the other and keep going one day at a time.

And I will forever miss the soft brown of his beautiful eyes and the moon will come up and I will remember how much he loved the full moon.  I will continue to live, but I will never forget.

Rest In Peace, my dear, dear man.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...