loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Sunday, March 13, 2022

Momma is in my head again!

 It is almost 4:30 AM and momma is already starting my day.  I have a small little problem in my life that by simply not saying anything has now become a thorn in my side and is now growing into a bigger problem.  If I ignore it long enough I will get my belly full of resentment and say or do something that I will, no doubt, come to regret.  It will not go away.  If it were something I could just sweep under the rug, I would, but it is not.  So, I will just set here and play momma's voice in my brain!  

Being the mouthy little brat she raised, I still argue with momma and my arguments are shown in italics.

"You can not know what someone else is thinking.  You only know what they say and do.  And even then, they only say and do what they think you want to hear and see."  A promise made is a promise broken.

"Actions speak louder than words."  In action screams volumes! 

"Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today."  Tomorrow never comes!

"Easier said than done."  The road to hell is paved with good intentions!

"A man is only as good as his word."  Talk is cheap!

The proof is in the pudding.  I agree fully!

So here I set.  The problem I have been dealing with is unchanged.  The situation has not changed one iota and no one seems to give a damn but me. So I guess the solution is to pull up my big girl pants and deal with it.  This makes me kind of sad, because once more, my faith in a human being has been violated.  Trust is out the window and doubt has walked in.  You would think after 80 years, I would learn that leaving off the first "t" in trust, leaves "rust" which is what happens to the strongest steel that is not taken care of. 

Maybe I am just getting cynical in my old age.


No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...