loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Friday, February 26, 2010

High energy power drinks and their likelihood of success!

Happened to pop in the boy's room last evening and found him sipping on a high energy power drink. I do not approve of those, but in all fairness, I do not drink any pop. Water and tea for me. So my question to the son was "What is that!" He of course, filled me in to all the virtues of this drink. It would give him lots of energy.

Now here is my conundrum: Why does he need a burst of energy on a Thursday night at bedtime? Is he going to scurry around picking up all the trash, dirty clothes, books and such off his floor? Is he perhaps going to rig up a drop cord and shine a light on the yard he is raking? How much energy does a couch potato need?

I realize he works all day. Maybe his boss would appreciate a burst of energy there. Maybe I should drink one. My thought on that is that if I gave this old body a shot of energy it would probably shatter every bone I have. So for now, I will just marvel at the wisdom of youth and be very glad that I am old!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...