loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Trying the woven blanket again!!

Look at this!! I have a picture here. Hope it is here when I publish this! This is one block on my blanket. This is the right side. You know I wove the whole thing with the wrong side up, so was very suprised when I say what it looked like.
This is the full blanket. It measures 52" x 48". Just the right size to not be too big or too small. It is made with 8/2 white cotton and washable wool. The wool is not itchy at all.
This is what the wrong side of the block looks like. Looks as good on the back as the front! I am so proud of myself that I could jump up and down. There are a couple mistakes in this one, so I am going to make another just like it only I will weave it right side out and it will be just PERFECT!


Whole blanket, wrong side. I sure hope when I hit the publish button that the pictures will be there.

If the pictures are there please let me know how you like my blanket, because I am really a very needy soul!




4 comments:

Sam said...

Very nice blanket.

Sam said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Beetique said...

I love you blanket Lou!!! (Beetique on ebay and everywhere else. :))

Unknown said...

The blanket is beautiful. I hate to admit I probably wouldn't attempt such an ambitious project!! Looking forward to seeing the next one! Joanne

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...