loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, March 6, 2010

The first crocus of the year at my house!

It is the first sign I have seen of Spring except for the 2 Robins building their nest in the middle of the snow storm a couple weeks ago. It is a lovely yellow Crocus! Only one out there, but it is there. Now as soon as I say I have a Crocus blooming everyone in town will have lots of them, and also Daffodils, Narcissus, and Hyacinths all over the place. But this one is mine and I just wanted to let you know.

I am sure we are not through with the snow since Indian Lore shows we have 13 more to go, but I am also sure that Spring is on the way! I for one shall be very glad to see it. We have had a fairly mild Winter here in Pueblo, but anything below 60 degrees is enough to send me into culture shock! I shall now go rake around my little Crocus and perhaps give it a little drink of water. If the dogs would be good they could go out front with me, but alas, Elvira runs away and does not listen.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...