loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, April 10, 2010

This is what I call a sad looking sight!

This is my doggie, Daisy.  Actually she was adopted at the pound for Little Bret when he was about 14 years old.  He was going to walk her, give her a bath, play ball with her...  So here we are later in life and I have inherited the dog, along with the 4 ducks he had to have when he was still cute and got what he wanted.  The 4 little ducks have grown into 21 ducks and those 3 cute little geese have multiplied into 10.  I just have a headache.
Somehow little Daisy looks a lot like Groucho Marx.  That is not a cigar in her mouth, but is a chew toy, one that is supposed to make her have sweet breathe. Sorry to say it is not working!  This is the sweet little dog that jumped almost over the fence coming out of the duck pen and tore her skin loose, thereby requiring a trip to the Vet on a Sunday afternoon to the tune of $240.00.  I especially enjoyed that one!  But where would we be without our little pets?

I had an email from my former Pastor a while ago and she said her cat, who has been her best friend for 12 years died today.  My heart bleeds for her.  People are always sympathetic when we have a loss that entails a human, but neglect the tender thoughts when it is an animal.  Why?  An animal gives us unfaltering love, trust, and devotion.  Why should we grieve any differently over the pet than a human who was perhaps, not so faithful and intuitive?  An animal's love in unconditional, while humans tend to run and hide when we are pissy.  She can get another cat, but she will never get another Thomaus.

So I will enjoy my little furry friends while I have them.  Sometimes I would like to not have them, especially when I am sucking the white hair off the brown couch, but there you go. Can't live with them, can't live without them.

And there you have my musings for the day. No words of wisdom today, just brain dead!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...