loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Time to start thinking about The AIDS Walk in the Garden!

It is that time of year again.  That means time for the Annual Walk in the Garden to raise money for AIDS.  Everything our team raises comes right back to Pueblo. We were the third highest fundraisers last year and we are trying to beat that this year.   So far it is just the 3 of us again.  Deven is in school.  Bret and Amanda have other things to do, but they have promised to help me raise funds.  We will see.  For now it is just us three and aren't we a motley looking bunch?
 Here are the three boy cousins that walked with me last year.  Can not seem to wrench a committment out of them this year, but as you know, I am a wily and persistent she-devil so we will see!
These are the shoes I wore last year.  I plan on aucioning them off on eBay soon.  My wiccan friend keeps trying to throw them in the trash and I keep digging them out.  She does not understand!
Ok, I have to get back over on the site and send out some more emails begging for money.  This is one job I do not like, but it is a necessary part of the process.  We are doing social events with the money we raise and I want you to know that we have more client involvement here in our little burg than they do up North.
Here is the link in case you missed it.  Go see what SCAP is all about!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...