loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Well, I am going to have a vacation whether I want to or not!

Don't miss your chance to donate to the AIDS Walk. Click here!

Well, the wiccan and I were all good to go right up to the time she figured out that raising a toddler for her son was a crook in the road, so to speak.  Seems the hubby works and the lady who takes the baby to day care would be leaving town with me.  What to do!  What to do!  Oh, I know!  I spent years doing it!  Stay home and do it yourself.  There, that solves that little problem.  It does not, however, solve the one about the family and friends waiting on the other end for us.  This entails 3 sisters, my girl cousin, my favorite Republican, my boy cousins, my friend from Missouri, Karen, Evie, the guy at McDonald's who's name I forgot, not to mention my daughters and their families in Lakin that I stop and see on my way down.  Oh, yeah, and the gas stations that rely on me for income!  Now, be very sure that they are all going to miss Lyn and I am a poor substitute, man's gotta do what a man's gotta do.
So, I will be making the trek by my tiny little self!  Just me and Charlie Pride, Porter Wagoner, Emmy Lou and a few others.  Oh, and a big jug of ice water and something to munch on.  And I have to stop in Las Animas to buy lottery tickets.  See, this is my last shot at freedom before the kids move to their new digs.  I have that flock of geese out back that has to be tended to and the neighbors that I counted on for all those years done moved to Rapid City, South Dakota.  While I am on good terms with the new neighbors we have not reached the "Hey, go get goose bit while I am gone." stage.  And while I have friends in town who would sacrifice a limb for me, I do not want to be obligated.  Know what I mean?
I have always envied the people who can plan a vacation and then do it.  You know the ones who say, " Oh, we are off to Cancun for the week.  No, we do not have 2 dogs, a cat and 13 geese to worry about while we are gone.  We are footloose and fancy free!"  Nor do they have a store on eBay or luncheons for clients or guild meetings or winter sales coming up that need soap and lotions to be made.  Now I do not want you to think for one moment that I am complaining, cause I am not.  I have worked hard making my little corner of the world as busy as I can because my momma raised me to believe that "Busy hands are happy hands."  And that is usually true as I meet myself coming or going.
"But", and that is a big word.  That and "If".  But sometimes I set and take stock.  I do many things and I am not sure that I do any of them real well.  I might be better served if I just stopped doing a few of them.  Like the spinning wheel.  Well, I actually have 2 of those.  Neither of which I have used in months.  I could sell those.  When I do then I will need to sell the wool I have stored up to spin.  I have two floor looms, a four shaft and an 8 shaft.  I can not weave on two at the same time.  But which one should I sell?  Then there is the long arm machine quilter.  I make money with that, but not very often.  More often than with the 6 needle professional embroidery machine that has it's own room.  Soap and lotion is a definite keeper cause I can not buy anything this good on the open market.  That brings us to the gluten free pantry that I maintain so I can bake for a few of my friends.  Then there are the 2 rooms and one trailer for the eBay stuff.  This is ludicrous!
So here is the deal.  I am going to make this a working vacation.  I am going to take a notebook and make me a giant list.  I will list everything I do and what equipment it entails and when I come back I am going to have a plan for my life.  I am pretty sure the blog and ebay will stay.  Right now that is all I am sure of.  So, I am going to be gone for a while.  Maybe I will borrow my sisters computer and do a blog while I am gone, but in case I do not, just remember that I am out there somewhere working through something in my befuddled little mind and if you are so inclined, you could say a little prayer or novena or some thing!  Lord only knows, I need all the help I can get, because it seems in the back of my little mind, I recall doing a blog  just like this the last time I went on vacation!
Oh and then there is that poison ivy that I manage to get into every time I go down there.  Last time I was not allowed out of the house and I assume this time will be the same deal.  I do not want any more of that stuff!
Peace, Bro!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...