loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Sunday, September 20, 2009

Geese moving EAST!

Well, it is getting close to frost here in Southern Colorado. When I went out to let my water fowl out this morning I saw a flock of ducks and a flock of geese. Both were flying east. It has come to my attention that either the water fowl in this area are totally confused or it is the Green House Effect taking over. Myself, I just think winters are so mild here in the Pueblo area that geese and ducks don't even know they happen.
Or another possibility is that the geese that flew east this morning are not the same geese that will fly west tonight! Perhaps it is the changing of the guard so to speak, and the summer geese/ducks are being replaced by the winter geese ducks!
Which brings me to a strange happening in my pen. I go out every evening and put my 23 ducks and 10 geese in a secure house to sleep. I just step out the back door with my flash light and they go right in.
One night one of the ducks seemed a little hesitant, but I shooed her in. The next morning this same duck would not come out. I opened the front of the house and she sashayed her little self out and waddled about 25 feet and then took flight and that was the last I saw of that little Mallard! Turns out she was a wild one that popped in to spend the night as mine are all domestic and can not fly.
Which brings me to my lesson for today. You can exert brute force and have your way for a little while, but in the end you are but a mere mortal wanting something and in the morning it will just fly away leaving you standing there gazing heavenward wondering what just transpired.

If you love something, set it free. If it returns it was truly meant to be.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...