loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Saturday, September 19, 2009

My Mother

I woke up this morning, which in itself was a miracle, thinking about my mother. If I had one aspect of my life to redo it would be to actually listen to things she told me. I think I would probably have taken notes.
But, alas, I did not. Now I have no idea who the old people were who spent the night at our house when I was 5 years old. I have no idea where my father was born. Who were the friends that drove my brother to the hospital when he creeped up and goosed the pony and it kicked him? I know we did not have a car and the hospital was 11 miles away.
I remember the part about not running with scissors, washing my hands because "God only knows where they have been", and give the biggest half to my sister so I will not appear greedy, but it is the finer things in life I have forgotten.
All I can say at this point is : If you still have a mother, cherish her; if you have lost your mother, cherish her; and if you would like I am available for adoption.

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...