loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 4, 2010

The first quilt we will raffle to buy the piano for the church!

This is definitely a scrap quilt!  When I am working in the sewing room I throw all the scraps of mateial in a box.  Then Linda came and got the box and took it to her sister, Elizabeth Griffith who very patiently sewed them together to make this quilt.

This is what the whole thing looks like.  The above picture is just a corner.  The four blocks in the center are parts of a nativity scene that did not measure up for quality so they went in the box.  I did tell you that Randy wants a new piano at our church , didn't I? Randy Tyron plays the pipe organ at my church, First Congregational Church, UCC here in Pueblo.  The piano we have is very old and not in very good shape,  so he thinks we should have a new one.  He is probably right!
Anyway, our church does not have a lot of money, so we thought if we could make a bunch of quilts and raffle them off, that would be a good way to raise needed funds.  So this is the first one. We figure we should raise at least a $100.00 on each quilt so we will sell tickets afte church every Sunday until we have sold 100 tickets then we will have a drawing.  Sounds good to me. I can see I better get busy working on the next quilt!
I plan on doing a little blog on Randy and his pipe organ, but this computer is very slow at loading pictures, so it will need to wait a day or two.  For now, we are starting our project and I will keep you posted on how it is progressing.  In the meantime, if you would like to pop in to our church and buy a ticket, we are located at 228 West Evans, Pueblo, Colorado  81004. Church starts every Sunday promptly at 9:30 and we always have coffee after.  Maybe I will  see you there!!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...