loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Monday, April 5, 2010

This is Randy Tryon, Organist at First Congregational United Church of Christ....

Here is Randy having a cookie.  Like every red blooded American male, he likes cookies. Randy is one in a million.  When he is not doing his job which is being a nurse, he is playing the organ at our churdh.  If that is not enough, when he is through playing for our church which meets at 9 AM at 228 West Evans here in Pueblo, Colorado, he jumps in his car and races across town to our sister church , Christ Congregational  which meets at 11:00 AM.
I do not know Randy very well, but I do know he has a lovely wife to whom he is devoted and at least one son and a daughter in law who plays the flute.  Also they have a baby who is a grand child to Randy. I am sure it is either a boy or a girl, but that is all I know.

This dark forboding picture is of the piano that Randy wants to replace.  I have never played anything in my life except the radio, so what I know about musical instruments you could put on the head of a pin.  But Randy says this archaic monster has got to go, so go it shall.  I do know it looks kind of cold and not very friendly. The piano at Christ Church is very black and very pretty.  Soon, I hope we will have one like that!

So, for the time being, we will be gearing up to raise money and the first quilt is laying on the table in Mayflower Hall and I bought the first 5 tickets, so I know there is $5.00 in the fund.  Wish us luck and I shall hopefully keep you up to date from time to time!

No comments:

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...