loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

The Lilac bush could pass as a tree!!

Here is the Lilac beside my back sidewalk!  I do not understand what happened.  When I planted it, it was very tiny and now it looks like a tree.  See how I have timmed up the one side so I can get through?  I do know this is the most beautiful Lilac on the place and oh, it smells so sweet!  I think the Lilac, whether this one or some other one, is the definite harbinger of Spring.

When I go out in the evening and early morning, all I can smell it the Lilac.  No other bush carries this particular scent.  I like it so much I have evern made soap, lotion and body butter with the Lilac Fragrance.  I call it Bad Girl, because it is a definite conundrum! Who would ever think that someone who smells like Lilac could ever be a Bad Girl?

I have a total of  7 Lilac bushes around the place here, but this one seems to be my favorite.  I wonder if it is because it is right there and I run into it every time I go to the back of the place?  Probably.  I know soon the flowers will be gone and the fragrance a fleeting thing of the past and I will get my pruner thing out and start whacking it back so I can get out of the yard. And then alas and alack, it shall be winter again.




KEEP SPRING IN YOUR HEARTS!!!!

1 comment:

beachgirlbaby01 said...

I wish I could grow a lilac in my yard the sweet smell of it.Instead of palm trees' and orleander.

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...