loumercerwordsofwisdom.blogspot.com

Thursday, May 6, 2010

Some one referred to me as BOSSY!!

Well, we were just setting around visiting the other day, and the subject of personalities happened to arise.  My friend pointed out that I was perhaps a bit pushy in my opinions. She then pointed out the time when I was involved in Operation Paintbrush, but refused to go the next year because they did not "do it my way!"  I want to set the record straight here and now.

I was merely trying to point out to those people that they were screwing around and there was work to be done and I tried to tell them the better way to approach the job. Had they listened to me, we would have been done and off to better things in short order!  But no, they wanted to eat donuts, and quibble over which brush to use and by that time it was lunch time. I just knew better ways and they did not want to listen.

And I like to drive because I know I am a safe driver and I am not going to fall asleep at the wheel. Of course I will give you tips on how to improve your cooking!  I want you to be the best you can be, and if you expect me to eat it, I want it to be good!  I did manage a restaurant for many years and did own my own, which was very successful, I might add.  The point I am trying to make is, I am not overbearing and bossy. I am just trying to give you the benefit of my many, many years of experience! If I ever run across anyone who knows more than I do, I will be most happy to defer to their expertise!  It just hasn't happened yet.

Now, just to conduct a little survey here for my own info, I want you to do this:  See down there where you can mark how this article affected you? There is also a comment thing.  Just sign in on the comment thing and say if you think I am bossy and overbearing or not.  Now I think you can remain anonymous. I would recommend that you remain anonymous.  Not because I would be upset, because Lord knows I can take criticism, but rather so you you can sleep at night. If you do not want to do that just mark one of the boxes funny, interesting, cool.  Mark interesting if you think I am a b---- and cool if not.

I will let you know how the survey went next time I am on.  So for now I bid you a fond, humble farewell.

2 comments:

beachgirlbaby01 said...

LOU you know I have to comment on that you bossy where would they get that Idea lol.I'm with you on that. If I can get the work done faster you bet ya and easier heck yeah. I do know for sure that you do like to teach and if any one willing to listen great. I have and did a good job some what still trying. As for food now were on the right path or subject food glorious food

Lou Mercer said...

Amy: And you did a very good job on this post! You've come a long way, Baby!

Another year down the tubes!

Counting today, there are only 5 days left in this year.    Momma nailed it when she said "When you are over the hill you pick up speed...